Wednesday 1 June 2011

Partay Time!

Hi folks. Time for a bit of an update. Now I'll keep it all in order and not skip the good bit to the better bit.

I had my slab party on Sunday just gone. Woot Woot! Nothing too speccy though. Invited a few friends and the folks and sis around for fish n chips (my shout) and a beer (or OJ for the non-drinkers amongst our group). A cppl of pics showing the festivities

Eating lunch in the "Dining Room"



The mob helping me celebrate
 




And then a mate had the clever idea that we all sign a different room in the house. Another mate called dibs on the Ensuite Dunny so that every time I was doing my business I'd think of him. We then agreed it'd be better if we all signed one spot to make it easier to get a single photo instead of scattered ones. So we all signed where the toilet will eventually sit! (Note: Mandatory lewd grafitti and inappropriate writings!)


I also checked out the new basin to replace the old standard model thats been discontinued late last week, and the only real difference is the back now has corners instead of being rounded in shape. I think I can live with that.


Now, I wasn't expecting anything else to happen until Monday next week, except the bricks being delivered sometime. Dad however sent me a txt msg this morning (I've flown back to work now) saying that the bricks had been delivered and that the brickies had rocked up just as he was leaving! I also had a call from one of the girls as HBC checking that my mortar colour was indeed the standrad cream and not a grey colour to match the 2 course, light grey Provincial Calais bricks I've selected. Apparently my Site Manager was checking up on the colour as he thought it was a bit odd, but when you look at a picture of it, the cream gives the brick work a nice bold border. Good to know they're on the ball though.

So they should start putting the walls up today (weather permitting - we've had a fair bit of rain lately) which is a little sooner than expected, but I'm not going to complain. They seem to know what they're doing so far, and if the other 3 houses in the street are anything to go by, mine should fly along like they have! Will be good to see the progress when I'm home next Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment