Wednesday 15 June 2011

Build it up, build it up, build it higher...

Dropped past a little while ago and the brickie is back with 2 apprentices this time and I must say I'm super impressed with their work thus far. He's doing a sterling job speed and quality wise. Couldn't be happier.

The walls have reached roof hieght on 2 sides and they've started on the garage too. Coming along quite nicely.





Also, how's this for being on top of things. Had the e-mail come through yesterday requesting the next payment to the builder be made so jumped right on it, and then when I got the phone call today saying they'd finished bricking and needed the next payment, I'd already received a txt from the bank saying it had been done. Am I reliable or what?! 
Also also, I picked myself up a dishwasher yesterday. First appliance I've bought online. It's a Smeg SA8211X2 and whilst I can't find any reviews, I'm quietly confident that I've got a good deal. What with 47.55% off the normal RRP (gotta love June sales!). Also, it's delivered to my house for only $38! Not bad for a non-metro area. Got myslef some wall decor from BBQ's Galore which will go on the Alfresco wall when I move in. Should look quite the piece I reckon.  I also picked up some funky wine glasses (even though I'm not a wine drinker) in Augusta week before last which are hand made in Swaziland (Africa) by a local tribe who use recycled glass bottles, jars, etc which I thought was quite cool. Don't mind spending a little extra to support something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment