Monday 27 June 2011

Brickworks Finished

So today they officially finished doing the brickwork. There's a small exception in that they still have to put a couple of bricks around the support bar under one of the front windows which needed to be welded together yesterday. Also, the timber and beams have been delivered for the roof and that is set to start on the 5th of July (next Tuesday) which is good because I go back to work tomorrow and get back the Thursday (July 7th) so won't be missing much while I'm away.
It's also probs a good thing cos the weather here is pretty miserable atm with a nice storm coming through this morning (which I slept through!) so hopefully it'll clear up by then.

Here's some more pic's of the place!

Front wall


 Note - you can see the spot that needs to be finished off here


 Completed Garage


 Home Theatre room


Main Bedroom


 Kitchen/Dining/Family area




 Bathroom


 Bed 2


 Bed 3


 Bed 4


 Alfresco, Dining & Garage entrance


 Front view with roof timbers



Also, I ordered myself a dishwasher yesterday from Appliances Online. It's a Smeg SA8211X2 which I got on sale at 47.55% off RRP (gotta love June sales!). To make it better, it's getting delivered for only $38 which aint bad for a non-metro area. Also picked up a piece of wall decor from BBQ's Galore to go on the wall in the Alfresco which should add a little bit of bling to the place. A couple of weeks ago when I was in Augusta, I also got my hands on a set of wine glasses which are made by hand from recycled glass bottles/jars/etc in Swaziland, Africa by one of the local tribes. Even though I'm not a wine drinker, they'll look great in a glass cupboard somewhere (they're not a standard wine glass look - it's a pretty funky design). Always like buying stuff with a good story behind it. And just to show how on top of things I am at present, I got an e-mail yesterday requesting the next builders payment which I faxed off straight away to the bank. I had confirmation by txt this morning before getting a phone call from HBC saying that the brickwork was officially finished and that they were sending the next payment request. Lifes good right now!

1 comment:

  1. I find your build interesting as in Victoria they build homes differently to WA, looking forward to reading your new posts

    ReplyDelete