Friday 6 May 2011

Out of Order

So I know I've been told I'm doing things kind of backwards, but I picked up my 3 main pieces of furniture last Saturday, before I even had Shire Approval! I've had them on lay-by at their respective stores for 8 weeks and have got it stored in my uncles shed, who has kindly donated some floor space to me for 6 months until the build is finished.

Do I hear you saying "Stop talking and show us what you got!" Yes? Great! No? Too bad :) Your about to see it anyway.

The first piece of furniture is my York Chaise Lounge Suite from Harvey Norman with Ottoman and Barrel Chair. The first time I saw it I knew it was what would be adorning my Family Room. I initally planned to put the Barrel Chair in the Parents Retreat but might put it in the Living area yet depending on how it all turns out.






The next piece of furniture I put on lay-by was a bed suite. The "Moreto" from Martin Burns Bedding in Bunbury with Tall Boy Drawer (not the dresser seen in the pic), Bed Side Tables and of course, the King Size Bed. Had been to a couple of bedroom places but couldn't go past this design. Wood didn't suit my desire for a modern appearnce and I couldn't see any leather setups that I liked but this ticked both the boxes.


And finally, I've gone a little different with the Dining setting. I've got myself the 9 piece "Verve" outdoor setting from BBQ's Galore for my Dining Room. Yes not traditional, I know, but the stylish look of it should complement the Lounge suite and colours I've chosen for the Open Plan Living area's.


To be completely honest, I had an idea of what I wanted my interior to look like, but couldn't really put it all together. Not until I saw this furniture at least. I've now picked a scheme for the house interior that should complement the above pieces nicely and will be best lit up with colour from art work, etc which I'll get later. I've found some good stuff on eBay in the form of hand painted canvas art (yes it is from Bejing but it does look pretty damn good all the same - and cheap, did I mention that?). Something like these should do nicely.









Well thats about it for now, so until next time, Laterz!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the York! We were soooooooo close to buying it, then made some last minute changes to our colour scheme, and that ruled the brown out! Do love the barrel! Twiggy has one! ;)

    Love the canvases!

    ReplyDelete