Wednesday 14 March 2012

Landscapers Finished - It's up to me now!

The landscapers have finished their part of the job. They came back the next week and put the rest of the weed matting down in the spaces at the front and along the side of the house (which the supervisor had originally not seen on the plan...oops!) and I've been dialing back the grass watering as the grass has become more established. It's even had it's first mow now!

On another note, I've ordered a gate to go between the garage and fence to try make the place a bit more secure. I went looking for a gate on a tuesday arvo, and ordered it the wednesday morning about 3 weeks ago. Just as well I did start looking then cos the bulk order was about to be placed and instead of 6 weeks, I would've had to wait 16-18 weeks if I missed that one!!! Will be a nice looking gate though. Nice solid double metal gate with narrow slats and key lockable handles. I was going to take a bit more time to save up for a nice gate, but dad urged me to get it done faster and offered to pay for it with an IOU after I had an "incident" as follows.

After a night out down Margaret River way at the outdoor cinema, I pressed the button to put the garage door up, drove in (about 11:30pm) and we got out of the car, opened the kitchen door and started chatting to the others already inside. All the doors had been left open as we were only a cppl of metres away in the kitchen from the car in the garage and had the intention of going back to unpack the car, when I heard the garage door stating to go down. I peeked around the corner and thought, "That's odd. Must be a timed security feature or something", as nobody else had closed it. Left it at that. In the morning hwoever, I got in the car and the remote was gone. In short, it had been nicked from the car while we were standing just inside the door, and they'd closed the door behind them!!! THe nerve of some deviants!

Reported it to the cops later that day and they dropped in that night for a quick look and told me just to be extra vigilant. I had turned the door off to render the remotes useless, and have since wiped it's memory and reprogrammed the 2 we still have. Easy fix, but still a annoying. 

So here's some pics of the garden now that the landscapers have finished their part of the work.










Finally got the piano moved in too with a bit of help and has helped make the front room feel purposeful. Slowly getting around to getting the smaller things done. Like putting nails up for pictures etc (and nearly going through power wires and water pipes!). Would like to get stuck into some more of the landscaping stuff too, but alas, time and money will dictate those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment